As per the Government directives OUR YARD IS CLOSED, TEMPORARILY, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE in order to keep our key workers mobile.
PLEASE CONTACT US ON 01869 342111
24 March 2020:
Nolan Oils and Sodbury Fuels also known as Nolan Group, recognises that we are operating in an unprecedented situation. In the light of Covid-19 and efforts around the world to control its spread we are writing to you to inform you about the measures that we are putting in place. Our priority is to look after our employees and customers. The company recognises that it must protect the elderly and most vulnerable members of our community. This communication outlines what we are doing at present to protect such people and how we will operate moving forward.
The senior management team of Nolan Group has been meeting regularly to discuss the COVID-19 outbreak and the advice given by the government. The team has focussed primarily on protecting the safety of its staff, customers and suppliers whilst at the same time building continuity plans to ensure the continued delivery of our products and services.
Nolan Group continues to be fully operational. Our two depots are taking orders over the phone and via our website. Deliveries are continually being made across the UK to both our domestic and commercial customers. Our drivers and staff have been recently briefed to take measures that seek to minimise the risk of catching and spreading the Covid-19 virus. In doing so we have asked our drivers to practice “distancing” at the point of delivery. This means that our drivers will limit their contact, aiming at all times to keep a safe distance away from the customer.
We have put into place a plan to address the impacts of the Covid-19 public health crisis focussing on People, Premises, Technology, Customers and Products.
To protect our staff and customers we have asked staff:
- To limit their contact with Customers.
- To implement a new strict hygiene/cleaning regime which focusses on keeping contact points and hands clean which will reduce the risks of infection. All staff have been issued with hand sanitisers or bio wipes.
- To monitor and report sick leave and symptoms associated with the Covid-19 virus and, following the governments guidance, we have reiterated the need for self-isolation
- To cancel almost all face-to-face meetings replacing them with video / tele conference sessions if required.
As part of our continuity plan we have implemented new technology which will allow certain members of our staff to work from home. Our contact numbers will remain operational during our normal hours of business. We have the ability to move staff from one part of the business to another meaning that we can continue to deliver fuel to our customers at present. However, we are dependant on incoming fuel deliveries and subject to any restrictions imposed upon us by our Suppliers and or Oil Terminals.
As the Government and NHS update their advice we will update our communications accordingly.
We are operating in unprecedented times and we understand how unnerving the situation is that faces us all today and ask for your patience and understanding.
17 March 2020:
We will continue to operate as close to normal as we can whilst taking the necessary safety precautions listed below. We will follow government advice as and when needed.
- We ask our customers not to approach our drivers especially if they are displaying any of the symptoms publicised by the NHS – high temperature, dry cough, sore throat.
- We do not need customers to be present while delivering fuel.
- Only come visit the depot if absolutely necessary.
- Please do not come into the office if you are displaying any of the symptoms above.
We are currently receiving high volumes of orders. Whilst our priority is to deliver the products as quickly as possible, we must do everything we can to protect our staff.
Thanks for your understanding during this uncertain time. We will keep you updated as best as we can.
In the meantime please do keep following the advice from the NHS, wash your hands frequently, avoid touching your face and eyes and cover your mouth and nose when sneezing.
Look after each other, not only in your own home but in your neighbourhood as well. Look in on those in a more vulnerable position that yourself – and don’t panic!